Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day three of Ontario trip - two year birds and boat trip

Today I got up, hung out and ate breakfast and lunch with my Aunt Joanne and then my mom and I headed off on a birding outing.  Our first stop was along some roads in the Glenvale area in hopes of Upland Sandpiper because they had readily been reported in that area in the last few months.  After some long searching and right as we were getting ready to give up while we were parked along a roadside some passing motorcycles and cars flushed one up!  That was rejoicing.  Then we headed to a certain conservation area where Black Terns were suppose to be common but after some long searching we never found one.  But while searching for Black Terns I spotted and got a nice look at a Sedge Wren, a lifer for me so that's really awesome.

Tonight my uncle Kevin has a boat that he took me out in on a big lake called Dog.  It was a blast and we saw some neat birds but now year birds.

Tomorrow it's on to Killalou and then Algonquin Park Friday.

Right now I'm in good aims for my well needed 15 to 20 year birds on the Ontario trip.  I wanted at least 5 before getting to Algonquin in order to have a relaxed pace in order to be on track for my 15 to 20 in Ontario and 375 by year's end and I already have 4 and Algonquin's not until Friday so I'm looking very good for that.  

Gotta go.

KestrelSwan

No comments:

Post a Comment