Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day one of Ontario trip - getting started

Departed!  We're off.  We're off north.  My mom and I hit the road today on day one of our Ontario trip.  Right now as I write this I'm in the Riverwalk Inn in Binghamton New York and tomorrow we wake up here and continue on to meet my aunt Joanne in Kingston Ontario but we're stopping along the way in New York to try for Virginia Rail and Least Bittern.

Today we stopped near Harrisburg Pen. to try for Black Terns but the chances were low and the low chances proved low - as there was nothing more than a few Double-crested Cormorants and a Great Egret, neither a year bird.

Tomorrow it's back on the road - I love the road!

That's it for now - hopefully my update tomorrow will say that I got Virginia Rail and Least Bittern.

No comments:

Post a Comment