Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another trip headed my way!

What do I have other than a year list full of birds?  Well, lots of things!  But specifically - the best parents in the world!  They are awesome in every way, and this year is NO EXCEPTION!  Thank you guys for taking me all over the place for this Junior Big Year!  I was flipping through my field guide yesterday and said to my dad "man, I wish I could make it to Chincoteague this summer, I would pick up all sorts of costal summer birds" (Chincoteague is a place almost 6 hours from here in eastern Virginia).  That got papa thinking and because he's such a good papa and "crazy but in a good way" as I said he agreed to take me for an overnight to Chincoteague this weekend!  It's going to be amazing.  I hope to get at least 7 year birds at Chincoteague which seems very reasonable which would put me at 314 for the year, and then I head to Ontario the day after I get back from Chincoteague so if all goes well weather and other stuff wise in Chincoteague and Ontario I should be up and over 330 by the time I get back from Ontario, but possibly more because I could get more than 7 in Chincoteague.  Then it's alaska and I'd hope to be at least 355 and probably more by the time I get back from Alaska, I should pick up at least 25 in Arizona and there I am, over 375 birds at year's end which is my goal for year's end.  This is darn right awesome!!!!

Clapper Rail, Least Tern, American Oystercatcher, Willet, Saltmarsh Sparrow, and Brown-headed Nuthatch in addition to other uncommon birds are my targets in Chincoteague.

Later

KestrelSwan

No comments:

Post a Comment