Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Thursday, March 17, 2011

American Woodcock added!

This morning I went on a bird walk at a local park with the Rockingham Bird Club which I'm part of.  We saw some good birds like YB Sapsucker and Eastern Phoebes but no year/life birds.

The same bird club had a woodcock trip this evening.  Since I first heard about it I was antsy to do it.  I got out in woodcock habitat with the club at 7:10 pm at someone's home near a town called Bridgewater and after 20 or 30 minutes I heard the first peent and then followed by more peenting and the sound of their wings in the air.  Awesome display!  Although I never saw a woodcock the sound was more than incredible and what an awesome bird to add for the J. Big Year.

Until bird #280-()*

KestrelSwan

1 comment:

  1. what a special experience in the stillness of the evening!

    ReplyDelete