Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Off to Texas with a Horned Lark pair wishing me luck!

A quick note before I leave for Texas in 50 minutes:

A quick walk this morning produced 3 notable species: Eastern Meadowlark, Red-winged Blackbird, and most of exciting of all a pair of Horned Larks.  While walking along I heard the classic peep of the Horned Lark and searched for the bird.  Sure enough, there it was, and not just 1, 2 were enjoying the fence-line along the road I live on!  Nice treat before I head off to the southern bird area (where I surly won't see Horned Larks!)! -()*

Alright, that's all for now, I better get my act together now, gotta go fly soon!

Until Texas, -()*

KestrelSwan

1 comment:

  1. well, maybe the horned lark will be a vagrant in Texas looking for a KestrelSWan! hope your journey goes wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete