Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Top 10 targets

I've created a top 10 target list for the 10 birds I most want for the rest of the year, although, of course I'll take any winged creature that I have not yet seen in 2011!   Of these top 10 I have a reasonable chance at finding all of them (ok, well maybe not a "reasonable" chance at King Eider, but it's one of the birds I would so love to see and there is a chance on the Eastern Shore of Virginia this coming weekend).

Top 10 list:

King Eider
Prairie Falcon
Purple Sandpiper
American Dipper
Pyrrhuloxia
Olive Warbler
Green-tailed Towhee
Phainopepela
Costa's Hummingbird
Greater Roadrunner

The Eastern Shore trip is just around the corner now..departing in less than 33 hours, birding starts in just over 37 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment