Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Monday, May 2, 2011

Another migrant..another year bird!

While birding with my friend Vic Laubach on the Blue Ridge Parkway where he got me Cerulean Warbler a week or so ago, he said that each spring he gets Cape May Warblers in his yard and that I could come and get them if they showed up this year.  Yesterday evening I was delighted to get the email that at least one Cape May was in his yard.  I headed out this morning in hopes.  After 20 or 30 minutes of searching, I heard it's call in the top of some coniferous trees.  I searched around and pished and there it was, a beautiful Cape May Warbler - year bird # 270 and a lifer for me!  Thanks so much Vic!

KestrelSwan

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome! Glad to contribute to your Junior Big Year!

    ReplyDelete