Revised 2011 bird total:
437 species

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eyes on my NOGO

Eyes turn to the NOGO, the Franklin's Gull and Brown-headed Nuthatch (and the North Carolina trip for that mater) are now history and Northern Goshawk is the next target I lay my eyes on.

It's not long now - Sunday October 30 we're northbound to Carlisle, Pa and the Waggoner's Gap Hawk Watch.

I plan to leave and arrive at the Wag Gap watch for the last few hours on Sunday, spend the full day at the watch on Monday, and spend a good part of Tuesday at the watch and then come back home Tuesday afternoon.  In all willingness I will get a goshawk in this time period.  If not, that's okay, it's a wonderful hawk watch to go to with Golden Eagles common there and much else.  And if I don't get a gos, I have a few possible backup plans.

I will update from my hotel Sunday night.

2 comments: